For Schools, Home School Groups and Recreational Programs
Social Bridges Toolbox, designed for schools with more than 100 students, provides a structured social-emotional curriculum for preschool through twelfth grade. Developmentally-appropriate lessons build on one another to foster the social competencies and skills necessary for success in school and in life. The curriculum provides tools and interactive activities grounded in cognitive-behavioral therapy to teach students how to regulate their emotions, use calming tools, problem solve and access the parts of their brain where they can listen, learn, and retain information. With Social Bridges in the classroom, teachers are able to put the focus back on learning. The comprehensive curriculum package includes schoolwide professional development workshops, parent training, and consultations with Social Bridges experts.
Social Bridges Toolbox-to-Go is designed for schools and programs with fewer than 100 students. Appropriately scaled in scope and affordability, it provides a cost-effective, accessible social-emotional curriculum for smaller schools or programs.
Social Bridges Toolbox for Adults is a curriculum specifically designed for supporting adults with special needs in the areas of social skills and transitional skills.
Students develop social skills which include:
- Emotional regulation
- Matching social expectations
- Reading and responding to social cues
- Conversation skills
- Being helpful
- Making and keeping friends
- Assertiveness tools/self-advocacy
- Perspective taking
- Being flexible
- Problem solving
What Social Bridges Can Do For You:
What Social Bridges Toolbox
can do for parents:
Parents are provided with “Bridges-to-Home,” an abbreviated set of social-emotional tools and resources that help reinforce skills, de-escalate conflicts, and lead to a more harmonious family life. Through classroom lessons and at-home practice, Social Bridges Toolbox will help your child or teen to develop:
- Social competencies by understanding what is expected in different social situations
- Social skills that are helpful for making/keeping friends
- Coping skills that increase resiliency and help manage stress
- Emotional intelligence, including how to identify and express feelings
- Kindness and empathy to others
- Perspective taking and problem solving
Our son’s social progress and success is a direct result of the Social Bridges program. He has had the benefit of Social Bridges at his school as well as in the small group programs offered at the Solutions for Children & Families office in Maitland, FL. Our entire family has benefitted from the tools you have taught us to use…. our home is calmer and there is less stress …. and the use of the “Stay Calm Plan”, has taught our family and son to recognize and work through “Earthquakes” and “Tremors,” and instilled in my son the necessary tools to create and maintain friendships. We believe the Social Bridges program is exceptional.
An All-Inclusive Curriculum
Manuals are available for students in PreK-K, First-Second Grade, Third-Fifth Grade, Middle School, and High School. Each Social Bridges module explicitly teaches skills and provides interactive opportunities for practice. Social Bridges Toolbox provides everything necessary to implement the curriculum, including:
- Manuals with comprehensive, grade-appropriate lesson plans
- Play-based activities and interactive discussion questions
- Music and book recommendations that lead to teachable moments
- Supplemental resources such as classroom posters and playground signs to reinforce lessons
- “Bridges-to-Home” lesson plans to share with parents
- Teacher manuals that help reinforce Social Bridges tools schoolwide
- Teacher professional development provided by Social Bridges staff
- Parent workshops co-taught by Social Bridges staff
- One-on-one consultations with Social Bridges experts in the domain of social-emotional development
- Annual supplements based on the latest societal trends and research in social-emotional instruction
A Living Curriculum
Social Bridges is grounded in established research and best-practices in the field of social-emotional development and cognitive-behavioral therapies. Developed from decades of clinical work, Social Bridges is a “living” curriculum that continuously evolves to meet the needs of a rapidly-changing society, including the current epidemic of anxiety among young people. The Social Bridges team continues to conduct clinical work, allowing for real-time insights into societal trends and student needs.
A Customizable Approach
The Toolbox curriculum is designed to be easily adapted to meet the needs of varying schools and educational environments. Flexible and customizable, lesson plans offer facilitators everything necessary to teach modules, while allowing for modification and personalization.
A Common Language
Social Bridges Toolbox provides a consistent set of language and tools for the entire school community. When educators, students, and parents come together with a set of shared tools and resources, the results are exponential. The most important people in a child’s life all “speak the same language,” allowing for a continuity of social-emotional instruction in and out of the classroom.