Social Bridges® ToolBox
For Schools, Home School Groups and Recreational Programs
Social Bridges ToolBox, designed for schools with more than 100 students, provides a structured social-emotional curriculum for preschool through 12th grade. Developmentally-appropriate lessons build on one another to foster the social competencies and skills necessary for success in school and in life. The curriculum provides tools and interactive activities grounded in cognitive-behavioral therapy to teach students how to regulate their emotions, use calming tools, problem solve and access the parts of their brain where they can listen, learn, and retain information. With Social Bridges in the classroom, teachers are able to put the focus back on learning. The comprehensive curriculum package includes schoolwide professional development workshops, parent training, and consultations with Social Bridges experts.
Social Bridges ToolBox-to-Go is designed for schools and programs with fewer than 100 students. Appropriately scaled in scope and affordability, it provides a cost-effective, accessible social-emotional curriculum for smaller schools or programs.
Social Bridges ToolBox for Adults is a curriculum specifically designed for supporting adults with special needs in the areas of social skills and transitional skills.
In addition to the ToolBox curriculum packages, we offer consultations and professional development workshops on a wide variety of social-emotional learning topics. For information on specific topics, please contact CarolMiller@SocialBridges.com.
Students develop social skills which include:
- Emotional regulation
- Matching social expectations
- Reading and responding to social cues
- Conversation skills
- Being helpful
- Making and keeping friends
- Assertiveness tools/self-advocacy
- Perspective taking
- Being flexible
- Problem solving
What Social Bridges Can Do For You:
Social Bridges ToolBox benefits include:
- A flexible curriculum that can be used for individual students, small groups, or within a classroom
- Social-emotional resources to provide additional support for students
- A parent manual (Bridges-to-Home) that provides an abbreviated set of tools and resources to help families reinforce social skills at home
- Positive student outcomes including improved social relationships through perspective taking, problem solving, and communication tools and resources
Social Bridges has given us a cohesive foundation to address the social and emotional growth of our students. It equips our children, our parents, and our faculty with the language and actual tools needed to help our students navigate complex and changing social relationships and understand the world of feelings and emotional responses…. We truly cannot imagine our school without the foundation that this social-emotional learning curriculum has allowed us to develop.
Dr. Olivia Puyana
Monarch Learning Academy
Social Bridges ToolBox can benefit educators by:
- Reinforcing a common social-emotional language for students across grade levels
- Setting students up for success by providing clear classroom expectations
- Increasing on-task behavior and decreasing classroom disruptions
- Providing age-appropriate lesson plans designed to meet the needs of your students
- Empowering parents with an abbreviated set of tools and resources (Bridges-to-Home) to reinforce social skills at home
Our teachers have appreciated that the games and exercises are tailormade for middle school aged children and catalyze rich conversations. From teaching children how to match social expectations and norms to helping students regulate their emotions, the middle Social Bridges curriculum has been a great success for our students and families.
Director of Middle School
The Christ School
Parents are provided with Bridges-to-Home, an abbreviated set of social-emotional tools and resources that help reinforce skills, de-escalate conflicts, and lead to a more harmonious family life. Through classroom lessons and at-home practice, Social Bridges ToolBox will help your child or teen to develop:
- Social competencies by understanding what is expected in different social situations
- Social skills that are helpful for making/keeping friends
- Coping skills that increase resiliency and help manage stress
- Emotional intelligence, including how to identify and express feelings
- Kindness and empathy to others
- Perspective taking and problem solving
As a parent of twin 7th graders, I am very thankful that our school has had a Social Bridges coach. The school brought it into classrooms when my two were in 5th grade. They started to have a different vocabulary and expressed themselves and how they reacted to life more thoroughly. They learned to self-advocate for themselves and one of their favorite topics was learning to be assertive.
Parent and Teacher
The Christ School
Social Bridges ToolBox is designed to:
- Deliver a research-based and CASEL-aligned curriculum, with scaffolded lesson plans by age group
- Encourage a positive school culture
- Provide a common language for students, faculty, and parents
- Provide tools for decreasing teasing and bullying among students
- Empower parents with an abbreviated set of tools and resources (Bridges-to-Home) to reinforce social skills at home
- Offer annual updates for content and resources
Social Bridges ToolBox has given our middle school teachers easily integrated social training scenarios that relate to what our students are dealing with on a daily basis…. The realization that what we are discussing in the Social Bridges curriculum directly applies to the complex situations teenagers find themselves navigating every day puts a fire in their eyes that inevitably leads to students expressing thoughts, feelings, fears, and dreams that they’d never shared with their peers.
Middle School Principal
An All-Inclusive Curriculum
Modules are available for students in PreK-K, 1st-2nd Grade, 3rd-5th Grade, Middle School, and High School. Each module explicitly teaches skills and provides interactive opportunities for practice. Social Bridges ToolBox provides everything necessary to implement the curriculum, including:
- Manuals with comprehensive, grade-appropriate lesson plans
- Play-based activities and interactive discussion questions
- Music and book recommendations that lead to teachable moments
- Supplemental resources such as classroom posters and playground signs to reinforce lessons
- Bridges-to-Home lesson plans to share with parents
- Teacher manuals that help reinforce Social Bridges tools schoolwide
- Teacher professional development provided by Social Bridges staff
- Parent workshops co-taught by Social Bridges staff
- One-on-one consultations with Social Bridges experts in the domain of social-emotional development
- Annual supplements based on the latest societal trends and research in social-emotional instruction
A Living Curriculum
Social Bridges is grounded in established research and best practices in the field of social-emotional development and cognitive behavioral therapies. Developed from decades of clinical work, Social Bridges ToolBox is a “living” curriculum that continuously evolves to meet the needs of a rapidly-changing society, including the current epidemic of anxiety among young people. The Social Bridges team continues to conduct clinical work, allowing for real-time insights into societal trends and student needs.
A Customizable Approach
The ToolBox curriculum is designed to be easily adapted to meet the needs of varying schools and educational environments. Flexible and customizable, lesson plans offer facilitators everything necessary to teach modules, while allowing for modification and personalization.
A Common Language
Social Bridges ToolBox provides a consistent set of language and tools for the entire school community. When educators, students, and parents come together with a set of shared tools and resources, the results are exponential. The most important people in a child’s life all “speak the same language,” allowing for a continuity of social-emotional instruction in and out of the classroom.
A Sense of Camaraderie
Activities and discussions are intentionally designed to build trust among the student body. Respectful communication is taught, modeled, and encouraged. Play-based activities teach students how to “match” the tone of their environment, leading to fewer disruptive behaviors in the classroom. Students are empowered to advocate for themselves and emboldened to reach out to peers with empathy and compassion — leading to more harmonious classrooms and promoting a schoolwide culture of kindness.
Exceptional Student Outcomes
Social Bridges ToolBox helps students develop into poised, confident individuals. From learning how to properly greet each other to interpreting nonverbal cues, students gain a mastery of the “soft skills” that lead to greater success in peer-to-peer interactions, in academic environments, and in the workplace. Lessons are developmentally-appropriate: While preschool students learn foundational skills such as “red light/green light” cues, high school students master the ability to navigate socially-complex situations. Students of all ages develop a positive sense of connection with others and the world around them, enabling them to forge the deeper, more meaningful relationships that are key to fulfillment.
Problem solving is another core value of the curriculum. Social Bridges’ SODAS is a powerful teaching tool which provides teachers and facilitators the framework and language to coach students through social conflict and decision making. Students learn to look at the specific situation, explore their options, evaluate both disadvantages and advantages, and then formulate solutions. Empowered to think critically, students learn accountability and responsibility while developing a sense of agency.
- Staff Login
- Parent Login
- School Login